Wampler Triple Wreck The Triple Wreck is probably one of the tightest, thickest highest gain distortions you have ever heard… Many people have told us that it sounds more like a 5150® amp to them than a distortion pedal, that may very well be – All we can say is that we designed it to just be an ass kicking distortion pedal, heavier than everything else, meaner than everything else, and it is. With a solid three band EQ (you can scoop out those mids without it peeking out the lows and highs like so many other pedals) you can emulate some of your favorite high gain tones – but, as this pedal is so versatile you can easily find a distinctive tone all of your own. There are two distinct voices in the Triple Wreck, Hard and Brutal. The Hard gives you that warmer thump high gain whereas the Brutal allows a little more sparkle to creep in, giving it that more recent, full audio spectrum feel. So, we’ve already put in loads of gain, maybe more than you need, so let’s stick in a boost switch. What? Putting a boost switch on an already high gain pedal may sound crazy but you’ll be amazed at how well it works. It gives you two options via the Boost Contour blend control. With the boost on and it dialed round to counter-clockwise, your distortion is multiplied and you have the solo sound you have always wanted. Pinch harmonics are just there, in places you’ve never found them before. With it dialed round to clockwise, your pedal turns into a fuzzy monster… Tweak the EQ and you can get tone that will remind you of the Smashing Pumpkins right round to some Pink Floyd kind of fuzzy solo tone. It’s all there, waiting for you. Think about your favorite high gain tone. Is it a high gain with the mids scooped out, or is it roll your hand across the knobs to get that in your face, fuzzy, brutal attitude-melting distortion. Whatever you are looking for, the Triple Wreck is probably the only pedal on the market that can satisfy all of those options. This pedal should come with a public health warning.
- Built in the U.S.A
- High grade components picked for their superior sound and response
- Relay true bypass with soft switch
- Top mounted input and output jacks
- Battery connection and 9v power jack
- Power draw: 23mA (9v)
- Boost Switch to give you extra gain / or Fuzz
- Hard/Brutal switch giving you extra voicing options
- Simply the best at that scooped metal tone
3.50″ x 4.50″ x 1.5″ (88.9mm x 114.3mm x 38.1mm) – height excludes knobs and switches
Be the first to review this product.
- Boutique ToneLounge is an authorised Wampler Pedals dealer. All of the new Wampler Pedals we sell come with a 5 year warranty (from the date of purchase). This warranty is transferred to the new owner in the unlikely event you sell the pedal on). Repairs within this period will be free of charge if the problem is from a manufacturing defect and is not caused by the end user. Unauthorized modifications (that have not been previously confirmed in writing by us), to any product from the Wampler Pedals range will void the warranty immediately. This wa
- Calculated at Checkout