The JHS Pedals Pink Panther is back! This unabashed digital delay draws its roots from our very first delay pedal, way back in 2007-2008. Staying true to our goal of bringing you a highly versatile, simple, and unique line of delay pedals, we outfitted the Pink Panther with a Tape Delay setting, tap tempo, modulation, and enough control to make it your go-to delay pedal on any gig. When it comes to the JHS Pink Panther, the saying, “What’s old is new again” seems fitting. But then again, the Pink Panther never really gets old.
Digital and Tape delay in one
There’s an ambient beauty in the pristine repeats of a digital delay pedal that just can’t be found anywhere else. Likewise, there is pure magic in the tone of a vintage tape delay. We see no reason to make you choose between the two. The Pink Panther Delay’s side-mounted Digital/Tape switch takes you from crystal-clear washes to saturated and compressed goodness.
- Digital setting is hi-fi and clean with plenty of headroom
- Tape setting adds saturation and compression to mimic vintage tape delays
- Side-mounted switch is protected from accidental changes
The search for the perfect delay is over
Whether you lean on the Pink Panther for its digital or its tape-like voice, we put enough tonal shaping onboard to ensure you find your sound. A simple turn of the Dark knob removes highs from the repeats, helping your original tone stay on top of the mix. And with two modulation voices available, ’80s shimmer and old tape warble are just a flick of a switch away.
- Tonal control for nailing every delay sound you need
- Dark control removes highs for a warmer delay timbre
- Mod 1 is a subtle shimmering effect
- Mod 2 is a darker and more intense modulation of your delay repeats
Perfectly timed repeats
While our original Pink Panther already had tap tempo, we knew we could make it better. Now, not only can you tap in your time with the onboard footswitch, but the external Tap Tempo jack allows you to control your new Pink Panther from an external device, such as a footswitch or slaved to another tap-enabled JHS pedal for rhythmic consistency across all your effects. All the while, our Ratio knob nails all those rhythmic subdivisions your music needs.
- Multiple methods of attaining flawless repeat times
- Onboard soft-switch makes tapping your time in a piece of cake
- External tap tempo jack offers multi-pedal slaving capabilities
- Ratio selects between 1/4, dotted 1/8th, 1/8th, and triplet rhythmic subdivisions
Lets take a look at the Controls...
TIME = Manually control the speed of repeats. The Pink Panther goes from the shortest slapback echoes all the way to one full second of delay time. (Note: This is a digital delay with no intention of giving you smooth spaceship oscillations as you turn the time/speed control, that's the Panther Cub's job)
DARK = This control allows you to darken or brighten the delayed/effected signal only. When fully clockwise you have an untouched, pure digital repeat. When fully counter-clockwise you get a dark, hidden and low-fi, but still very usable echo. Experiment with all the in between to find your sound!
MOD TOGGLE = The Mod toggle gives you three options. There are two types of modulation or movement on the delayed signal and a Modulation Off setting. Toggle down is "Mod 1” and is a light and subtle slightly shimmery modulation. Toggle middle is “Modulation-Off” which bypasses the Mod effect. Toggle up is "Mod 2” and is a deeper more intense warble for more movement and depth of movement on the delayed signal.
MIX = The Mix control effects the overall effect level of the Pink Panther repeats. At 12’noon and below, you are mixing in repeats both below and right up to unity gain. Above noon, the repeats will be slightly boosted. Fully clockwise on the Mix knob will be fully wet and no dry signal.
RATIO = Choose your subdivisions relative to the tap tempo that you tap in using the on-board tap switch and/or an external Tap. Choose between quarter notes, dotted-eighth, eighth, and triplets.
REPEATS = This controls the number of repeats or echoes.
DIGITAL/TAPE SWITCH = This switch lets you choose between clear, clean and perfect digital delay or our tape delay mode. The tape delay mode has a slightly saturated and compressed feel that perfectly replicates the sound of a vintage tape machine echo unit.
Look no further; the Pink Panther is here to stay!
Be the first to review this product.
- WARRANTY on JHS Pedals JHS pedals carry a Limited Lifetime Warranty (for as long as we JHS is in business) for ANY problem related to the function or operation of that pedal due to faulty parts and/or other internal problem. We do not cover things such as broken knobs, pots and jacks due to abuse. We build them to last but not to be thrown out of an airplane. However, we will repair problems that are out from under our warranty like the above at a very reasonable price. Several of our pedals have internal trim pots which are set and sealed very carefully for the function of the circuit and it should be noted that tampering with the trim pots will void the warranty.
- Calculated at Checkout